CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Outta Control

Control is a funny thing. There isn't much we have control over in life. We can control ourselves as far as the things we say, the things we wear, how we look, we can control the choices that we make, like what college we will go to, what job we will take, what color we will paint our house... Aside from that, thinking we have control over anything is laughable.

So, laughable is where I am in my life right now. It seems that the universe has seized control of my life and is having a very good chuckle at my expense. So far, I have fallen down stairs while trying to move a tv, put a pretty decent size hole in my wall due to the fall, fallen down yet again on my front steps on the ice and hurting myself just a teeny tiny bit, and now, I have water finding it's way into my house and destroying my kitchen wall and it's beautiful paint job! I feel like I have to tiptoe around because i'm not sure when the universe is going to drop a piano on my head! The two falls were bad enough but this water situation has really wrecked my life this past week. I have cried, I have screamed, I have done everything but literally beat my head into a wall and at the end of the day, I HAVE NO CONTROL!!! I can't control my management company that refuses to address the problem, I can't control the water coming in through my walls, I can't control the money that I have to put out year after year due to this water issue, and accepting that I have no control over all this has not been, and still is not easy for me.

So, at the end of the day, what's girl to do? I can't fight the powers that be, I can't change the fact that I have no control, so do I just shrug my shoulders and let the universe continue to laugh at my expense? Someone out there has to have some sage advice... Someone has to know how to take back control... For heaven's sake! Help a girl out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment